Sunday, October 1, 2017

NW QUILTING EXPO, PORTLAND, OR

Friday I went to the Northwest Quilting Expo in Portland, OR with a quilting friend and we had a wonderful day!  We wore ourselves out - there was so much to see and so many vendors!!

Some of my pictures didn't turn out, but I will share what I have.  There were a lot of modern quilts - many of which I really liked and some I didn't like.  




This is a replica of an antique quilt.






This last quilt won "Best of Show" and of course the photo doesn't do it justice.  I was thrilled to see a quilt with a Bible verse as "Best of Show."  The maker said it was a testimony to her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  I wish the picture was better.


I made a few dresses to send to Lori to take to Colombia in the new year.  Good to get them finished early!  I'll mail them soon.  BTW, go to her blog here to see more quilts from the quilt show.


Happy Sunday, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. It was a good show! I'm glad you went.
    I look forward to receiving the dresses!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some pretty quilts, thanks for the show. I much prefer traditional quilts but I can appreciate the work that goes into the modern ones. I just wouldn't want a modern quilt, or want to make one. The little dresses are adorable, the girls in Columbia will love getting them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the baskets with yellow setting squares, and that Best of Show truly is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Ruth. Spectacular quilts - love the baskets one and the clock one. Glad you had a terrific time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing pictures of those beautiful quilts! I love the feathered star one! The little dresses are so cute, and will be much loved I'm sure. Glad you got to go to the show. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing the quilts from the show. Wow. The BIS was really something.
    Your dresses are so wonderful - yay for rik rak ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some very unique quilts!
    I have a friend that was vending at the show. I hope she did well.
    You made beautiful dresses for Lori.

    ReplyDelete